**PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION**
This is a road trip to see the sunset over the beach. We will meet up at 3 different locations, one in Central NJ, one in South NJ and in Delaware. We will depart promptly (see times for each location below) from each location and cruise to the Cape May, NJ beach for sunset. Exact parking location at Cape May will be emailed out before the event date based on the number of cars signed up.
Central NJ: Meetup at Menlo Park Mall Supercharger in Edison, NJ. A 2 hour long drive (125 miles) to the Cape May Lighthouse. Arrive at meetup location at 1:15pm, depart promptly at 1:30pm.
South NJ: Meetup at Wawa Supercharger in Maple Shade, NJ. A 1 hour and 15 minute drive (84 miles) to Cape May Lighthouse. Arrive at meetup location at 1:30pm, depart promptly at 1:45pm.
Delaware: (no host at this location) Lewes Ferry departure time: 12:15pm, arrive in Cape May at 1:40pm. (https://www.cmlf.com) There is no return trip time on ferry. Must take the Delaware Memorial Bridge back home.
During sign-up you will be asked to choose one of the following:
-I will join the cruise from the Edison, NJ supercharger to Cape May beach
-I will join the cruise from the Maple Shade, NJ supercharger to Cape May beach
-I will not be joining the cruise but I will meet at Cape May beach
-I will book my own spot on the railride and meet up there a 1:45pm.
Supercharge in Cape May If Needed:
Cape May Court House supercharger (11 Court House South Dennis Rd, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210) 11 spots to charge
- 1:45 pm - (Optional Railroad Biking) - Railbiking with Revolution Rail Co. is a fun excursion activity that allows riders to ride the railroad tracks under their own power and explore the outside in a brand new way! Meet at 609 Lafayette Street at 1:45 pm. Cost is $37.25 per person ( on a full 4 person bike). for a 90 min tour. Book the ride ahead at https://www.revrail.com/ for the 2pm ride. Parking is limited. It is suggested to park at the Elementary School and walk 4 blocks to Revolution Rail Co. or ride the Jitney which picks up at the school. More details at https://www.revrail.com/railbiking-rides/cape-may/
- 3:30pm: each starting location will arrive at the Cape May State Park Lighthouse (215 Light House Ave, Cape May, NJ 08204) ($12/person to climb). Other options: take a walk on the beach or hike a few of the nature trails.
- 4:00 - 4:30pm: meet for happy hour or have a few snacks at Cold Stone Brewery (733 Seashore Road, Cape May, NJ 08204) (no need to pay CSV to enter)
- Sunset is at 7:48pm. We will arrive at David Douglass Sr. Memorial Park by 6:15pm (Beach Dr, North Cape May, NJ 08204).
- Park at David Douglass Sr. Memorial Park in North Cape May
- Bring chairs / blankets to sit on
- (Optional) Dinner following our sunset pictures at Italian Affair (3845 Bayshore Rd, North Cape May, NJ 08204) or Mike's Bayshore Cafe (3852 Bayshore Rd, North Cape May, NJ 08204) or bring picnic dinner if you’d like.
Upon registration you will receive an email from "Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club" email@example.com. Check your junk/spam folders if you do not see it. This email will contain the most up to date information about this event and we will be able to email you if there are any updates to the event plans. If you are not a club member you will not receive any emails from the club unrelated to this event.
Please direct any questions about this event to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're not a club member, consider supporting the club so we can keep doing more Tesla events like this.