**PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION**
This is a cruise to see the sunset over the beach. We will meet up at 3 different locations, one in Central NJ, one in South NJ and in Delaware. We will depart promptly (see times for each location below) from each location and cruise to the Cape May, NJ beach for sunset. Exact parking location at Cape May will be emailed out before the event date based on the number of cars signed up.
Central NJ: Meetup at Menlo Park Mall Supercharger in Edison, NJ. A 2 hour long drive (125 miles) to the Cape May supercharger. Arrive at meetup location at 11am, depart promptly at 11:30am
South NJ: Meetup at Wawa Supercharger in Maple Shade, NJ. A 1 hour and 15 minute drive (84 miles) to Cape May supercharger. Arrive at meetup location at 11:30am, depart promptly at 12:00pm
Delaware: Lewes Ferry times 11:15am and 12:15am departures (https://www.cmlf.com) There is no return trip time on ferry. Must take the Delaware Memorial Bridge back home.
If you need to charge on arrival at the Superchargers make sure you arrive early enough. The charging stalls may be taken when you arrive. Charge to 100% before departing your home if that will help. If you need a charge after leaving Cape May, a Supercharger is located nearby at the Acme Supermarket. (The same place both groups are meeting at)
During sign-up you will be asked to choose one of the following:
-I will join the cruise from the Edison, NJ supercharger to Cape May beach
-I will join the cruise from the Maple Shade, NJ supercharger to Cape May beach
-I will not be joining the cruise but I will meet at Cape May beach
Bring your own lunch snacks/drinks and we can have a early afternoon socially distanced picnic near the beach.
- 1:30pm each starting location will arrive at the Cape May Courthouse superchargers. Meetup with others and chat. (~30 mins)
- Drive as a group over to Cape May Lighthouse for 2:30pm and have a Frunknic (frunk picnic)
- You can pickup food in the area for lunch at the Lighthouse. Big Wave Burrito is recommended. You can also bring your own food or pickup food at the Acme supermarket at the supercharger stop.
- 4:30pm Ice Cream at "Scoops on Sunset"
- Sunset is at 6:49pm. We will arrive at sunset location by 5:30-5:45pm.
- Park at Sunset Beach 502 Sunset Blvd, Cape May, NJ 08204 or David Douglass Sr. Memorial Park in North Cape May (more parking)
- Bring chairs / blankets to sit on
When outside of your car please be responsible and socially distance yourself from others and wear a mask.
Upon registration you will receive an email from "Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club" firstname.lastname@example.org Check your junk/spam folders if you do not see it. This email will contain the most up to date information about this event and we will be able to email you if there are any updates to the event plans. If you are not a club member you will not receive any emails from the club unrelated to this event.
Please direct any questions about this event to email@example.com
If you're not a club member, consider supporting the club so we can keep doing more Tesla events like this.